Truffled Cauliflower Gratin
This cauliflower gratin would typically endure “truffled” amongst truffle oil, precisely I’ve never been a large fan. Truffle oils are well-nigh ever synthetically produced, one-dimensional, as well as agency equally good overpowering.
So, inward this otherwise humble gratin, we’re going to usage another, much to a greater extent than delicious delivery system…truffle pecorino. For less than $10 worth of cheese, I mean value you lot tin larn a much nicer, truer truffle flavor – plus, it’s cheese. By the way, if you lot know they really brand this cheese with synthetic truffle oil, delight continue it to yourself, as well as don’t spoil it for me.
This materials is pretty tardily to notice inward fancy grocery stores amongst decent sized cheese departments, precisely if you lot can’t, I’ve seen it online at fifty-fifty amend prices.
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 loving cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp tabular array salt or to gustation
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of nutmeg
- 5 to six oz wedge of truffle pecorino, grated
- 1 large caput of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano equally needed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive stone oil
- a few fresh chives to garnish