One of the keen blessings, in addition to curses, of Thanksgiving is leftover turkey. The adjacent 24-hour interval it’s keen reheated, or made into sandwiches, but past times Day three y’all desire something that tastes similar non turkey. That’s where this spicy Thai kokosnoot soup recipe comes in.
This is my cause got on Tom Kha Gai, in addition to every bit commons I brand no claim every bit to its authenticity. I produce know it tastes amazing to me, in addition to volition brand y’all forget y’all fifty-fifty roasted a turkey. There’s lots of everything going on here, therefore hold out prepared to conform radically to your tastes. It should hold out fairly spicy, sweet, sour, in addition to salty, all at the same time.
If y’all can, encounter if y’all notice galangal, or galanga root, every bit it’s sometimes called. It looks similar a thin-skinned ginger, amongst a variety of similar flavor, although people that brand this soup for a living volition tell it’s much dissimilar in addition to far superior. I decided to role ginger, since that’s what the bulk of my audience volition use, but I idea it was worth mentioning, inward illustration y’all alive inward an expanse where this rhizome is available.
Ingredients for iv serving:
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3” land ginger, sliced thin
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, bruised in addition to sliced
- kefir lime or lemon leaves, sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro stems
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes, or to gustation
- Simmer for xv minutes
- 1 pound cubed turkey or chicken
- 1 loving cup fiddling mushrooms
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 (13-oz) tin kokosnoot milk
- 1/4 loving cup lime juice
- 1/4 loving cup greenish onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- Chili oil, cilantro leaves, in addition to lime wedges to garnish