Steak Diane Recipe
As you lot may know, I haven’t posted for a spell due to the abrupt passing of my mother, Pauline. It’d been a tough few weeks, but she was the ultimate, “the exhibit must larn on” kind of lady, in addition to and then that’s what we’ll do. She had multiple surgeries inward recent years that made it difficult, in addition to oft painful, to displace just about her kitchen. Despite this, she’d silent somehow create hit to bake a cake (or two), or construct a big batch of cookies to select to whatever trouble solid unit of measurement trial she was attending.
Before I larn into the recipe, I wanted to accept a 2nd to give thank you lot everyone for all the amazing thoughts in addition to prayers I received during the concluding pair weeks. I’ve never met the vast bulk of you, but nevertheless, it felt similar I was hearing from hundreds of onetime friends, who somehow knew precisely what to say. There’s no slowly agency to lose person you lot love, but your kind, comforting words, gave me strength.
However, the pyrotechnics are rattling much for show, in addition to if you’re concerned, you lot don’t create got to ignite the cognac. The alcohol volition silent evaporate equally the sauce boils, in addition to the terminate consequence volition gustation the same. By the way, fifty-fifty if you lot don’t ignite the pan alongside a lighter, it tin toilet silent flame upward when you lot plow upward the oestrus to reduce, in addition to then you lot silent demand to endure a trivial careful.
- 1 generous tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon love apple tree paste
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loving cup demi-glace (Or substitute 2 cups rich, low-sodium or salt-free chicken broth. It volition accept longer to reduce, but volition silent create a nifty sauce. Just endure careful alongside the salt.)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- two (8-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, fully trimmed, pounded to 1/2-inch thick (top sirloin volition equally good function nicely here)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1/4 loving cup Cognac or brandy
- 1/4 loving cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon sliced fresh chives