Spring Vegetable Tartine Amongst White Anchovies
It’s non odd for me to borrow ideas from the diverse restaurants I visit, but they’re commonly tweaked, altered, or otherwise adapted. This time, however, I precisely blatantly stole this leap vegetable tartine amongst white anchovies, equally it. Why mess amongst perfection?
Yes, this leap vegetable tartine, featuring the awesomeness that is the white anchovy, was lifted most verbatim from SHED, which is my current, “favorite house to eat.” If you’re e’er anywhere close Healdsburg, CA (like inside 500 miles), yous but must take in this amazing store/café/charcuterie/restaurant hybrid.
Now that I’ve firstly roughly of my guilt for stealing this recipe amongst such a glowing recommendation, I tin laissez passer on the sack deed on to this intensely tasty tartine. This would live on incredibly delicious amongst precisely the aioli in addition to vegetables, but when yous add together the “boquerones,” this goes from corking sandwich, to memorable experience.
Even if yous intend yous loathe anchovies, which yous actually don’t, yous may soundless honey these, since they are then completely different. They are really mild inwards flavor, but soundless extremely savory. I was going to tell they’re a petty fleck similar pickled herring, but that belike won’t help. Regardless, I promise yous laissez passer on this leap vegetable tartine a endeavour really soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for four generous servings:
For the aioli:
- 1 or two garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 loving cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne
- 4 large thick slices day-old French bread, toasted
- 16 white anchovy fillets (aka boquerones)
* two cups thinly peeled, sliced, or shredded fresh vegetables, moistened amongst a splash of lemon juice, in addition to drizzle of olive oil.
edible flowers, optional
* Carrots, fennel root, radishes, celery root, asparagus, artichoke hearts, peppers, endive, micro greens, in addition to any/all kinds of sprouts would run beautifully here.