What started out every bit a frustrating endeavor to examination or too thence pizza dough, turned into what we’re calling salami bread. This 14-inch long loaf of delicious serendipity was a revelation, too I didn’t fifty-fifty larn to utilisation it for it’s nearly obvious purpose…to brand the world’s greatest Italian submarine sandwich.
As I cite inward the video, I’m non fifty-fifty certain I’d produce a meat sub alongside this, but instead may only charge it upwards alongside lots of Italian cheeses, too every bit fresh too pickled vegetables. Then I’d detect a picnic, where I could sit down dorsum to soak inward the sun, too the compliments.
There are hundreds of possible variations, so that’s going to live on your homework. Why await until the unlikely scenario of having pizza dough, but no toppings? Let’s live on proactive. But no affair how you lot roll, too I actually produce promise you lot laissez passer on this a attempt soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 1 salami bread:
- 12 to sixteen ounce ball of pre-made pizza dough
- 8-10 slices salami or other similar meat
- 1/4 loving cup love apple tree sauce, or other crushed love apple tree product
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano to cover
- scattering of freshly chopped herbs, to taste
- olive oil, every bit needed
– Bake at 400 F. for 25 to xxx minutes until browned too cooked through.