Gnocchi alla Romana are equally delicious, equally they are virtually unknown. I experience similar I’ve eaten a fair total of Italian food, in addition to I’ve been to Rome, but it wasn’t until belatedly inward life that I discovered these wonderful, baked semolina dumplings.
Above in addition to beyond their exquisite texture, in addition to smashing taste, I beloved their versatility. They’re a world-class side dish equally is, but tin strength out live on paired alongside your favorite pasta sauce, in addition to served equally an appetizer, or entrée. Rave reviews should come upwards your way; along alongside lots of “But, why are these called gnocchi, again?”
For a smashing wintertime twist, y’all tin strength out house around sage leaves inward betwixt the gnocchi earlier baking them, in addition to they’d live on perfect at whatever vacation feast. In fact, instantly I’m upset I didn’t produce that this time. I’m going to convey to brand around other batch. Anyway, I actually produce promise y’all plough over these a assay soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for near xvi Roman-Style Gnocchi:
Note: I used a 2.75-inch cutter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 1/4 loving cup semolina
- 1 loving cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (only near 1.25 ounces past times weight, but if y’all grate it on a microplane, it volition easily fill upwards a cup)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons mutual depression temperature unsalted butter, cutting into modest cubes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter for the top
- more grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for the top