I believe I’ve posted a few “fool proof” methods for cooking “perfect” rice, but this Western Farsi version takes the grand prize, together with it’s non fifty-fifty unopen for second. The beauty of this method is that it doesn’t rely on whatever specific measurements, or fifty-fifty exact times. This volition brand around of you lot rattling nervous, but just larn alongside it.
By the way, I’ve solely made this a handful of times, together with and hence I’m certain at that spot are many things I could better on. I require heed that soaking the rice inward cold, salted H2O earlier boiling it helps better the texture fifty-fifty more, which I uncovering form of difficult to believe.
- 2 cups basmati rice, rinsed rattling well
- 3 quarts water, brought to a boil alongside three tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 russets potato, peeled, cutting into 1/4-inch slices
- salt to taste
- pinch of soil cumin
- 5 or half-dozen slices of butter for top
- pinch of saffron, soil together with mixed alongside one 1/2 tablespoons hot water
parsley to garnish