I got a asking for a Cuban-style mojo marinade recently, which sounded similar something I’d bask making, but to move honest I wasn’t just certain what it was. I knew I was belike pronouncing it wrong, but other than that, I couldn’t scream upward having it anywhere.
I think this would operate nifty every bit an all-purpose marinade for only close whatever affair destined for the grill, but every bit I mentioned inwards the video, skirt steak would move my transcend choice. Unless horribly overcooked, it ever comes out juicy, together with tender, every bit long every bit you lot spell it across the grain. It likewise tends to actually soak inwards the flavors of the marinade quite well, which I believe is due to it beingness such a well-marbled cut.
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak, cutting into smaller pieces
- 1 large bellybutton orange, juiced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/4 loving cup olive oil, summation to a greater extent than for drizzling
- 6-8 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon terra firma cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, summation to a greater extent than to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly terra firma dark pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loving cup freshly chopped cilantro
- extra lime wedges