I e’er say people I’m non a cookie eater, but I gauge that depends on the cookie, since when it comes to these gingersnaps, I can’t larn enough. As shortly equally these cool, I chain-eat them until they’re gone; but that’s non my fault. I blame the amazing spicy-sweet flavor, too irresistible texture.
Speaking of irresistible texture, I’ve got or too thus homework for you. You’re going to accept to brand batches of these to notice out your ain optimum baking time. I know, it’s difficult work, but you lot ask to somehow notice a way.
Depending on the exact size of your dough balls, too how crispy, or chewy, you lot wishing these, the baking times volition vary from 10 to xv minutes. As far equally ingredients go, the crystalized ginger is technically optional, but non besides difficult to notice (check the volume section), too it actually gives the cookies that extra boot of ginger flavour too heat.
Obviously, you lot tin hand the axe also adapt the spices to suit your tastes, but don’t brand these besides mild. They’re called “snaps” for reasons other than their texture. I actually promise you lot hand these a assay soon. Enjoy!
- 2 cups summation two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 teaspoons solid position down ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons solid position down cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon solid position down cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon solid position down dark pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 12 tablespoons room temp unsalted butter
- 2/3 loving cup white sugar
- 1/3 loving cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 loving cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
– Bake at 350 F. for 10 to xv minutes, depending on desired texture.