Colcannon Hash Recipe
Every yr nearly this time, I try to produce roughly form of culinary nod to St. Patrick’s Day, too this colcannon hash is the latest example. I truly loved how this came out, too it made a beautiful, too delicious base of operations for poached eggs, but at that spot was 1 problem. Apparently, I didn’t invent this.
I sentiment I did, every bit I produce amongst almost all the novel recipes I create, but I figured I’d produce a search anyway, merely to confirm this supposition of singular brilliance. So I did, too it rapidly became apparent that many others had the really same idea. Good for them.
I realize St. Patrick’s Day brunch isn’t truly a thing, but if it were, this would hold upward perfect. Although, nosotros powerfulness convey roughly leftover corned beef the twenty-four hours after, which would brand this fifty-fifty to a greater extent than amazing; too hence perhaps nosotros should forget St. Paddy’s Day breakfast, too plough this into a hearty, day-after hangover cure instead. Either way, I truly produce promise you lot give this a try soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for two large portions:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 2 large russet potatoes, diced, rinsed, too well-drained
- 1 tsp salt, addition to a greater extent than to taste
- freshly solid soil dark pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 loving cup sliced light-green onions (mostly the white too lighter light-green parts)
- 2 large handfuls babe kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 loving cup freshly grated abrupt Irish Gaelic cheddar cheese (or whatever abrupt cheddar)
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
2 or 4 poached eggs, optional (actually, non optional)