I’ve ever wanted to create a Baked Alaska, too alongside Valentine’s Day coming up, I see it would hold upwardly the perfect fourth dimension to demonstrate this show-stopping dessert. I merely didn’t anticipate coming upwardly alongside perhaps the greatest browning meringue hack inwards history.
I was merely nearly to plough on the oven, where y’all tin complete these at 500°F until browned, when I had an idea. I’d merely bought a windproof lighter to purpose when grilling inwards the backyard, too wondered if the tiny jet open fire that shoots out from the tip would hold upwardly hot plenty to create the job. It was, too it did.
As far equally the actual recipe itself, there’s actually non a lot that tin larn wrong. As long equally y’all freeze your H2O ice cream cake thoroughly earlier browning the meringue, too ready your saccharide syrup to 240°F, yours volition expect merely similar mine, or better.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry H2O ice cream
- 1/2 loving cup vanilla H2O ice cream
- 2 circular thick slices chocolate cake
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- – vanquish to soft peak, too piece of cake add together 240 F. saccharide syrup (see below)
- – maintain beating until y’all bring potent peaks that volition concord a abrupt draw
- 1/2 loving cup white sugar
- 1/4 loving cup water