Turkish Stuffed Eggplant (Karniyarik)
“Karniyarik” agency “split belly,” which refers to the technique used to materials them, although depending on the size of your eggplant, it could too refer to you lot later enjoying this delicious dish. By the way, this was my begin fourth dimension making these, as well as when I mentioned inward the video alone doing xv minutes of query earlier filming, I wasn’t joking. So, you’ve been warned.
Lastly, I’d stimulate got the advice I got on Twitter, as well as serve them alongside a yogurt sauce, similar our famous tzatziki. That would survive an amazing condiment for these, since the cold, acidic sauce would survive a perfect foil for the rich, aromatic, slightly sugariness flavor profile.
Since I’m fully admitting non knowing what I’m doing, I welcome whatever as well as all tips as well as tricks, but most of all, I actually produce promise you lot laissez passer on these a try. Enjoy!
- 4 medium sized eggplant
- olive stone oil every bit needed
- 1 yellowish onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, summation to a greater extent than to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly reason dark pepper
- 1 teaspoon reason cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 loving cup freshly chopped Italian parsley (I didn’t add, but you lot should)
- 2 tablespoons love apple tree paste
- 1 pound reason lamb or beef
1 1/2 cups diced sugariness and/or hot peppers
- 1 ounce (about 1 loving cup unpacked) finely, freshly grated Pecorino cheese, or whatever you’re into
- 1 loving cup chicken broth