“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown,” was definitely my favorite animated vacation special, in addition to I suspect that goes for most people my age. I institute the Christmas especial a piddling heavy, in addition to was bothered past times the carte du jour inwards the Thanksgiving episode, but the Halloween offering struck all the correct notes.
Back then, I likely wouldn’t convey had much involvement inwards this pumpkin seed spread, since I needed to relieve room for all those miniature Mr. Goodbars, but now, I can’t intend of anything I’d rather eat. This straddles the struggle betwixt sweetness in addition to savory, in addition to would hold upward real slowly to suit to your tastes.
- 1/2 loving cup vegetable oil
- 8 peeled garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 cups greenish pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted inwards dry out pan
- 1/2 loving cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced greenish Serrano or jalapeño chilies
- 3/4 loving cup apple tree juice, to cut down amongst onions in addition to peppers
- juice from ii limes
- 1 loving cup freshly picked cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus to a greater extent than to taste
- additional 1/2 loving cup apple tree juice or water, if you lot desire less sweetness to adjust texture