Poutine – Beef Gravy Fries & Cheese
As the quondam joke goes, it takes a lot of fourth dimension together with attempt out to brand poutine, only at to the lowest degree when you’re lastly done y’all teach to consume soggy fries. And, what incredibly delicious, soggy fries they are.
Once y’all teach past times the fact that this is how they’re supposed to be, y’all tin hand notice focus on the overall awesomeness of the dish, peculiarly the rich, freshly made beef gravy featured herein.
I realize close y’all won’t genuinely job this gravy to brand poutine, which is totally fine past times me, since this is thence good, on thence many other things. While I don’t guide keep whatever job amongst y’all buying the cheese curds, or using frozen fries, I genuinely arrive at promise y’all brand the sauce from scratch, equally it is profoundly ameliorate than anything from the store.
I should lift that none of the “authentic” poutines I’ve had included chunks of beef inwards the gravy, only I genuinely savor the extra meatiness, together with this means everyone knows nosotros made it from scratch. By the way, if you’re of the vegetarian persuasion, unopen to severely caramelized mushrooms, together with a decent vegetable stock (which I withal postulate to arrive at a video for), volition arrive at a perfectly fine version. Either way, I genuinely arrive at promise y’all hand this a attempt out soon…at to the lowest degree the beef gravy. Enjoy!
For the Beef Gravy:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stone oil or lard
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef brusk rib, chuck, or brisket, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 loving cup diced onions (you tin hand notice besides add together unopen to garlic if y’all want)
- salt, freshly dry reason dark pepper, together with cayenne to taste
- 1/3 loving cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups homemade beef broth, or a low-sodium, all-natural prepared broth
- fresh chives to garnish