Even if your turkey is perfectly cooked, the reheated leftovers tin endure a lilliputian dry out as well as uninteresting, peculiarly since the gravy ever runs out earlier all the meat is gone.
That’s why soup is such a pop pick for using upwards the final remnants of your bird, but this tamale pie volition serve the same purpose, exclusively inwards a significantly to a greater extent than exciting, as well as flavorful way.
While I’m branding this equally a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it’s genuinely a “how to build tamale pie” video, since yous tin sub inwards virtually whatever other meat and/or vegetable, as well as it should move only equally well. In fact, I’m genuinely thinking of doing a version using cubed butternut mash equally a turkey-adjacent side dish. Regardless of what yous use, I genuinely exercise promise yous hand this slow as well as delicious tamale pie a crusade soon. Enjoy!
- (I used a 9″ X 12″ baking dish)
- 1 tablespoon olive stone oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon common salt addition to a greater extent than to taste
- 1 ruby-red bell, diced
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly soil dark pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tin (7-oz) chipotle peppers inwards adobo sauce
- 3 to four cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 ounces grated sudden cheddar cheese (about 1 packed cup)
- 1 jounce (15.5-oz) ruby-red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 loving cup self-rising flour*
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces grated sudden cheddar cheese for the top