I’ve used something really closed to this root beer marinade for lamb several times, together with had keen success, together with thus I’ve been eager to endeavor it alongside some skewered beef, which didn’t come upwards out quite equally well, but could have. Please, allow me explain.
The beauty of a recipe similar this is they’re really tardily to adapt, together with I’m non only talking nearly the pre-grill soak, but also the glaze nosotros brand alongside the extra marinade. Once reduced to something thick plenty to coat our meat, you’ll desire to sense of savor it, together with adjust alongside to a greater extent than heat, sweet, sour, or any else you lot intend it needs. One thing mine definitely needed was to a greater extent than salt. I idea the soy was going to endure enough, but I should bring salted my skewers earlier they hitting the grill, and/or add together some common salt to the marinade.
- 1 whole flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly solid soil dark pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon solid soil chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- honey, optional (I used two tablespoons, but would omit adjacent time)
- 1/3 loving cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons white or cider vinegar (I didn’t add, but it needed it)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) practiced character root beer
- kosher common salt to flavour skewers generously