Fresh Strawberry Tart
There shouldn’t locomote a lot of stress involved inwards making this free-form strawberry tart, since in ane lawsuit it’s topped alongside fresh berries, together with thickly glazed, it volition expect similar something from a Paris pastry shop. And, I did say, “look like,” non “taste like,” but that’s non our fault. They bring improve cream cheese.
If you lot bring a tart pan, become ahead together with purpose it, but going free-form is ever variety of fun, together with fifty-fifty though we’re going to grip the dough a fleck more, that’s non a work alongside our almost foolproof buttercrust pastry. Just locomote certain to educate upwards plenty merely about the exterior earlier you lot crimp, then that your tart is deep plenty to concur the filling.
I joked close this beingness then beautiful that nobody volition tending what it tastes like, but of course, that’s ridiculous. Do non endeavour this unless you lot tin terminate uncovering some perfectly ripe, sweetness strawberries. And when you lot do, I actually promise you lot plow over this a attempt soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for vi portions:
- 1/2 of our buttercrust pastry dough recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- For the sweetness cheese mixture:
- 8 ounces cream cheese or *fromage blanc
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, or to taste
- For the glaze:
- 1/4 loving cup apricot jam (the clearer, the better), addition two teaspoons water, heated until brushable. Let cool a fleck earlier applying.
*Note: my cream cheese was suspiciously thin, then your mixture volition in all likelihood locomote thicker, together with a niggling easier to locomote with.
– Bake tart rhythm out at 375 F. for 20-25 minutes, until golden-brown, receive sum alongside cheese mixture, together with complete baking for some other xx minutes, or until the pastry is browned, together with the filling is set.