Since nosotros already posted a peach cobbler, I decided to create a peach crisp instead, but I wanted to create a actually crispy crisp, in addition to non the same quondam crumble style.
I looked at dozens of recipes online, in addition to came across i from the critically acclaimed, “A Boat, a Whale, & a Walrus,” past times Renee Erickson. I did alter it upwards a bit, in addition to tweaked the procedure, but that’s where the inspiration is from.
I didn’t bring upwards it inwards the video, but brand certain you lot seat a pan underneath your cobbler every bit it bakes. I similar the rut getting underneath my dish, in addition to hence I placed the pan on the rack below, but this would in all likelihood last fine if you lot but placed the dish straight on the pan.
- 6 large peaches, cutting into 8ths
- zest in addition to juice from 1 lemon
- – Placed inwards a buttered baking dish (about 2-inches deep is perfect)
- – Mine dish was 10-inches across, in addition to holds ii quarts
- 1/2 loving cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 loving cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups self-rising flour (or all-purpose flour summation ii teaspoons baking pulverization in addition to 1/2 teaspoon fine salt)
- 1/3 loving cup rolled oats
- 2/3 loving cup whole milk]
- 1/4 loving cup granulated white sugar
- cold H2O spritzed generously over the top