Chicken Tinga Recipe
Whenever I’m ordering something alongside chicken at a taqueria, I’m e’er presented alongside the same 3 choices. The grilled chicken, the greenish chicken, which is cooked inwards a tomatillo sauce, together with the cherry-red chicken, every bit good know every bit chicken tinga.
I normally forgo the grilled option, since whatever I’m ordering most e’er benefits from sauce; which leaves me alongside the nearly impossible conclusion of choosing betwixt the cherry-red together with the green. I dearest both, hence I’m e’er torn. By the way, inwards Mexican culinary lingo, tinga means, “torn.”
Anyway, immediately that the championship makes sense, I tin complete this post service upward yesteryear reiterating how non bad this came out. There are faster methods to brand this, only taking the extra fourth dimension to trim back the cooking liquid, every bit good every bit mayhap the sauce, actually pays off inwards the end.
The existent challenge hither is deciding how to purpose it. You can’t become incorrect alongside tacos, only my favorite delivery arrangement is tostados. Fry upward a corn or flour tortilla prissy together with crisp; overstep alongside tinga, together with garnish alongside the park suspects. It doesn’t teach whatsoever ameliorate than that…unless the tortilla is shaped into a bowl, which I’ll present you lot how to practice quickly, together with mess-free, inwards the side yesteryear side video. Until then, I actually promise you lot laissez passer on this a displace soon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for half dozen large portions:
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves peeled whole garlic cloves
- 1 large yellowish onion, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, summation to a greater extent than to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 loving cup water
- 1 tin (7-oz) chipotle peppers inwards adobo sauce
- 1 tin (28-oz) peeled plum tomatoes (I recommend using San Marzano) or 3 1/2 cups of whatsoever fresh or canned love apple tree product
- 2 tablespoons olive fossil oil or reserved chicken fat
- 1 large onion, diced
- Cotija cheese together with cilantro to garnish