Spicy Thai Vegan Ramen
- Author : Jess
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Total Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 4 servings
- Category : Main
- Method : Cook
- Cuisine : Thai
This spicy Thai ramen is like a cross between a Thai Tom Yum soup and a classic Japanese Ramen!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1-inch cube galangal ginger
- 4 kafir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, cut in halves
- 1-2 tbsp Thai red curry paste*
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave (can sub maple syrup, coconut sugar…etc.)
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1/2 pack of soft tofu, cut into cubes (approx. 200g)
- 2 packs ramen noodles of choice
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, lemon grass, and galangal ginger and let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the kafir lime leaves, shitake mushrooms and Thai red curry paste and mix together, letting cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the ramen noodles and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately
- Some red curry pastes will have shrimp paste in them. Make sure to check the ingredients label to ensure it’s vegan if needed.
- Optionally garnish this soup with some sliced green onions and sesame seeds!
- Depending on the salt in the broth you use and brand of curry paste you use you may need to add a little more curry paste and soy sauce. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly
- Serving Size : 1/4 recipe
- Calories : 240
- Sugar : 7g
- Fat : 7g
- Saturated Fat : 3g
- Carbohydrates : 35g
- Fiber : 3g
- Protein : 8g
Source Recipe : choosingchia.com/spicy-thai-vegan-ramen/